Firefox 11 has been already out and it is available for Ubuntu 11.10 and Linux Mint 12 via ppa repository. Source code is available in over 70 languages which includes fully localized and testing localized version, it has come with the new features like importing bookmarks from the Google Chrome.
Below are some of the new features in Firefox 11.
- Firefox can now migrate your bookmarks, history, and cookies from Google Chrome
- With Sync enabled, add-ons can now be synchronized across your computers
- The CSS text-size-adjust property is now supported
- Redesigned media controls for HTML5 video
- The outerHTML property is now supported on HTML elements
Step 1: Open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T).
Step 2: Add repository.
raj@geeksite~/$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
Step 3: Update repository.
raj@geeksite~/$ sudo apt-get update
Step 4: Install Firefox.
raj@geeksite~/$ sudo apt-get install firefox
Step 5: Start Firefox.
Confirm the Firefox version by going to Help —–> About Firefox.
Screen Shot of Firefox 11 running on Linux Mint 12.
Screen Shot of Firefox 11 running on Ubuntu 11.10.