Install Firefox 10 on openSUSE 12.1 | Install Mozilla Firefox 10 on openSUSE 12.1
Firefox 10 has been released and it is available for openSUSE repository. Source code is available in over 70 languages includes fully localized and testing localized version, it also reported most add-ons are now compatible with Firefox 10.
The following are the Minor changes in Firefox 10.
- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back.
- Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default.
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen.
- added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification.
- Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed.
- Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks.
Here is the tutorial about installing Firefox 10 on openSUSE 12.1.
Open the Terminal and switch to root user.
Add the Mozilla Firefox repository.
zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_12.1 firefox10
Refresh the system repositories.
Install Mozilla Firefox 10.
zypper in MozillaFirefox
Open YaST —> Software repository —> click on Add button —> Specify url —> Add the following detail and then click on finish.
Name : Mozilla Firefox
URL : http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_12.1/
You might requires to click on trust to import the public key.
Open YaST —> Software Management —> View —> Repositories —> Then select newly created repository ( Mozilla Firefox). Click on System Switch Packages.
Click on Accept to install Mozilla Firefox 10.
Open Mozilla Firefox 10.