Debian 10 (Buster) Released – New Features
Debian 10 was released on July 6th, 2019 and it becomes available for public after 25 months of development. This release will be supported for the next five years.
Debian 10 officially supports following architectures
i386 & AMD 64-bit architectures
64-bit ARM (arm64)
ARM EABI (armel)
ARMv7 (EABI hard-float ABI, armhf)
MIPS (mips (big-endian) and mipsel (little-endian))
64-bit little-endian MIPS (mips64el)
64-bit little-endian PowerPC (ppc64el)
IBM System z (s390x)
You can download the weekly build by clicking on the below link.
As usual, Debian 10 includes the desktop environments GNOME 3.30, KDE Plasma 5.14, LXDE 0.99.2, LXQt 0.14, MATE 1.20, and Xfce 4.12.
- GNOME 3 Uses Wayland display driver instead of Xorg
- AppArmor enabled per default
- Improved man pages for German-speaking users
- nftables framework becomes the default network filter framework
- Cryptsetup defaults to on-disk LUKS2 format
- LibreOffice is upgraded to version 6.1
- Calligra is upgraded to 3.1
- GNUcash is upgraded to 3.4
Don’t wait, go and try Debian 10.