ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors this is a desktop version of the ONLYOFFICE web-based office suite that comprises viewers and editors for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations working offline and allowing to easily switch to the online mode to collaborate with your team.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors are fully compatible with MS Office and OpenDocument formats and offer the support for all the popular formats: DOC, DOCX, TXT, ODT, RTF, ODP, EPUB, ODS, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPTX, HTML.
- CPU: Dual-core 2 GHz or better
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- HDD: at least 2 GB of free space
- OS: 64-bit Debian, Ubuntu or another compatible distributive with kernel version 3.8 or later
Install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors:
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors can be installed in two ways,
- Download ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from the official website,
- Install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors using Repository.
Download ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from the official website:
You can always download the latest version of Desktop Editors from the ONLYOFFICE official website here.
- Choose the Linux DEB-package installation package and click the Download button.
- Run the downloaded package file, once the download is finished.
- The Ubuntu Software Center will open. Click the Install button to start the installation process.
Install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors using Repository:
To install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from the official repository, you will need to download GPG signing key:
sudo wget http://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/onlyoffice.key
And add it to your system:
sudo apt-key add onlyoffice.key
Add ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors repository to the /etc/apt/sources.list file. Open this file using any available text editor (e.g. nano):
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following record (you will need to enter root password to edit it and save changes afterward):
deb http://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian squeeze main
Update the package manager cache:
sudo apt-get update
Execute the following command to install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors:
sudo apt-get install onlyoffice-desktopeditors
Start using ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors:
Once the installation is over, run the editors using the terminal command:
Or find the editors in your computer Application menu – Office – ONLYOFFICE.
You will see the following screen:
Select an appropriate license type: Home to use ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors for personal use free of charge or Commercial for business purpose.
You will go to the main page, where you can:
– create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations,
– open files stored on your PC to edit them,
– connect your desktop editors to an existing ONLYOFFICE account, ex. personal.onlyoffice.com (free cloud-based version for personal use) or create a new one to edit online documents stored on your portal or popular cloud storage services, such as ownCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., share documents and collaborate on them with your team in real-time, choosing one of the available co-editing modes (Fast or Strict), comment, review, interact via integrated chat, etc. To learn more about ONLYOFFICE collaborative capabilities, read official documentation.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments section.