How to install Firefox 10 on Fedora 16 “Verne” / Fedora 15 “Lovelock”
Firefox 10 has been released yesterday and it is available for Fedora 16 and Fedora 15 via public repository. so it doesn’t require any other repository to be added for installation.
The following are the Minor changes in Firefox 10.
- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back.
- Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default.
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen.
- added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification.
- Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed.
- Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks.
Here is the tutorial about installing Firefox 10 on Fedora 16 / Fedora 15.
Open Terminal (Applications —-> System Tools —-> Terminal).
Switch to root user.
[[email protected]~/]$ su
Backup your current Firefox profile.
[[email protected]~/]# tar -cvzf $HOME/mozilla-firefox-profiles-backup.tar.gz $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/
Install Firefox 10 on Fedora 16.
[[email protected]~/]# yum update firefox ## or ## [[email protected]~/]# yum install firefox
Install Firefox 10 on Fedora 15.
[[email protected]~/# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update firefox ## or ## [[email protected]~/# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install firefox
[[email protected]~/]$ firefox
Confirm the Firefox version by going to Help —–> About Firefox.